Even if you're not exactly sure why Cinco de Mayo is observed, it's a good day for chunky, luscious guacamole. Try this recipe from Chipotle, and then pair it with our yummy Chicken Enchiladas.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño with seeds, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Carefully cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit.
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt, and using a fork or potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.